It is normal following electrolysis for the treated area to be red and slightly swollen. Both of these conditions usually disappear in an hour or two, but can last longer. The following post-treatment care suggestions should be followed for at least the first 24 to 72 hours after treatment. In general, avoid any kind of activity that would subject the treated skin to irritating conditions while it is in the healing stage.
- Keep the area(s) clean with alcohol, witch hazel, hydrogen peroxide, soap and water, or other suitable antiseptics.
- Apply warm compresses to the affected area(s) during the first 2 to 3 hours – 10 minutes on / 10 minutes off, if necessary, or advised by your electrologist.
- If you experience any swelling, you can apply ice to the treated area(s).
- If advised by your electrologist, apply antibiotic CREAM to help minimize possible infection in the treated area(s).
- Keep your hands OFF the area. If any pimples or scabs appear following treatment, tell your electrologist about them. DO NOT PICK THEM OFF!
- Do NOT use any abrasive scrubbing action on the treated area(s).
- 24 hours before and 24 hours after treatment DO NOT visit a tanning salon or get a sunburn on the treated area(s).
- Use only fresh make-up and/or cosmetics, purchased within the last 90 days to minimize infection.
- This office suggests the purchase of our very special VIATIQUE after care lotion in a shade complimenting your skin tone to aid in healing and it can also be used as a cover-up for problem areas.
If any reaction occurs which appears related to your electrolysis treatment, contact your electrologist for further care instructions.